Wednesday, September 17, 2014

STAMPOTIQUE DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE 165: JUST ONE STAMP!

The Stampotique Designers' Challenge has been posted, and it, indeed, will be a challenge for many!   The lovely Samantha Read is our hostess, and she and Poppy (her furry studio assistant) have this to say about that:
One of the beauties of Stampotique stamps is that there are 18 amazing artists designing our rubbery goodness and their images work so well together that it's great to use a lot of stamps for one project, and I often do.
So this week, I am challenging myself and inviting you, too, to use just one stamp . . . wondering off scratching head and rubbing chin . . . this is going to be SO hard to choose!! 
Most importantly, have fun, Sam x
I have another stamp that I had not yet used and, after thinking about less being more, decided to go big!  The stamp I have used for my card is called "Femme Collage," and measures a whopping 4-1/2" x 6"!  This single image (a compilation of many) makes an impressive card.  I added only a bit of a computer-generated sentiment, the world "courage."  I printed the word on the same paper as the background, then outlined it in black, and adhered it to the card with foam adhesive dots.



I appreciate your stopping by today.  Please do leave a comment so that I will know you were here!  I hope you will find some time this week to make something for the "single stamp" challenge.  Guidelines for participating and submitting your art can be found here.  At the end of the month, two names will be drawn from all the submissions and will each receive a $30 gift certificate toward anything in the Stampotique "store."  That lucky name could just be yours!

Cheers!

18 comments:

  1. That is one huge stamp and perfect for this weeks challenge, the lady looks like she needs the courage you have added.

    Great inspiration Kay, thank you:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, this is a brilliant stamp to use for the Just One Stamp challenge.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog, hope you enjoy reading about my travels, although I don't think there are any more for the remainder of the year.

    Helen xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clean card with a beautiful stamp! Great! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stamping Kay (I would have loads of patches LOL) All you need is a stamp as large and comprehensive as this one, love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stamp is just beautiful Kay, one of my favorites. Your card is so elegant and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Women need all the courage they can get. I am glad you added your "stamp" to this in digital form, it makes the card. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have proved it again : less is more ! Impressive Kay !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perfect choice of stamp for this challenge Kay - all those fantastic layers and "masked" elements - it's almost like cheating :-)! A great card!

    Roz M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic stamp!! The simplistic color choice gives it a nice vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a gorgeous stamp and I can see why you chose it. Love the collage effect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kay that is a gorgeous stamp and the words are perfect on it. I always like the clean lines of cards.... uncluttered so they really stand out. You are amazing with all the cards....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, brilliant choice of stamp for this challenge, Kay
    I liked your new bell on blog, lovely ...make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! what an amazing stamp it has so many beautiful details
    Love how you have highlighted the word Courage

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Kay, a great choice of stamp and your computer sentiment fits in so well. Your windchime fooled me lol I was looking all over for the bel! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent card. This would be a great extreme CAS stamp. LOve it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Kay :) Big hugs to you from Poppy and me xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also love this stamp, very beautiful card Kay, it goes with you perfectly my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.