Monday, June 15, 2015

FEELING SKETCHY CHALLENGE BLOG #123

It's the 15th of the month and, by now, you know what this means!  Yep, another sketch has been posted by the Feeling Sketchy Challenge Blog!  This one was a true challenge for me. Today's sponsor, Kenny K Stamps, wanted all of the Design Team members to use one of his digital images in our creations!  Well, I have never used a digital stamp before, so there was a definite learning curve here.  However, once I got the hang of it, I found an image I loved and pushed right on to create another fun card.  But, first the sketch:



At first glance, it appeared to me to be a very busy sketch, but, by moving some of the elements around in my head, I became inspired by it.  The image I choose is of a very voluptuous woman.  And, I immediately looked through all my text stamps and came up with the perfect one!  

Before showing you my card, I want to be completely up front with you.  I have accumulated just under 100 Copic markers!  I do use them, but I have no idea how to use them as they are intended.  So, when I saw that Kenny K had some pre-colored images, I jumped all over that!  For just 50 cents more (it was my choice to purchase an image rather than use one of the free ones), I got a perfectly-colored image and saved both my time and wear on my markers!  It was a no-brainer for me this time around!   (I have since taken two Copic classes and am getting better and more comfortable using them!)

OK, my card . . .



Again, I used paper scraps for this card.  The stamped sentiment is from Stampotique Originals and is called, "I'm not fat..."  Both the heart and the circles were created using my Cricut.

Please find some time to get crafty and play with this versatile sketch.  I mentioned that Kenny K is our sponsor this week, so please pay him a visit and check out both his "real" stamps and his digital offerings.  You won't be disappointed!  To see the prize donated by Kenny and to submit your artwork, check out the Feeling Sketchy Challenge Blog here.  



6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love that image... another great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaa! I laughed out loud Kay!!
    Great card! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect where you took this. Digital stamp, who knew. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Kay, I have a few Copics and I adore them but when I see what some people do with them I'm gobsmacked lol
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hilarious card! Brilliant marriage of image and words... and as you say - a no-brainer to take advantage of the pre-coloured image!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me giggle. This is going to be my new quote!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.