Sunday, January 15, 2017

ART FROM THE ROAD: Sunday Postcard Art (01-15-17)

It has been longer than a month since I have had the time, the necessary supplies and the all-important electricity so that I might participate in the Sunday Postcard Art (SPA) challenge! Mandy Chilvers is the owner of the SPA website and is also hosting today. The theme this week is listed as ZETTI INSPIRED.


SAY WHAT???

Zettiology. I had to look that one up--and that in itself was not an easy task! I finally found an article authored by Susan Luke which proved most helpful. You can find it here. In a nutshell, it is the artful combination of the real with the unreal--or the playful mix of reality and fantasy, most often combining human and animal parts usually accompanied by text. I did my best at putting these elements together with the helpful stamps of both Wendy Vecchi and Dyan Revealey.


The text reads: Her style was sassy with just a bit of attitude! The background was created by swiping Distress Stains (frayed burlap, old paper and tea dye) diagonally across the 4" x 6" photo paper. The dress, frog head and cap were stamped on white index cards, fussy cut and adhered to that. The text circles and text stamp were stamped directly onto the photo paper.

Although this is not my style, I will admit that it was a bit of fun! If you would like to join in on the week's challenge, you can find the details here.

Thanks for stopping by today and also for taking a moment to leave a comment. If you have difficulty commenting, just do so as "anonymous" and leave your name so that I will know you were here!

Cheers from Arizona!

12 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Kay, Zetti is a hard one isn't it but I love what you've made - great fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kay this is just wonderful! I'm a fan of Dyan Revealey too. Fabulous work. Do more zetti!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what the challenges are all about .... stretching beyond our usual style to try new and different things. Your zetti person is great fun and well done. So glad you enjoyed the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Kay I have never heard of this but I have seen this style before... I didn't know it had a name. I love your take on it. Amazes me that you manage to do this with minimal supplies and time etc etc ... Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your settings inspiration is great. Love her attitue 😃
    tue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this uber-cool postcard, Kay - the design, your fab colour scheme, the vertically stamped sentiment, and how you've chosen not to colour the frog-woman - and I've learned a new word to boot, LOL! This may not be "your style" but you do it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic Kay ! I love everything about it ! Very Zetti indeed !
    I hope you are enjoying your travels !
    Mwah! Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Zetti is hilarious and wonderful what a great postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great fun indeed, Kay - love the combination, and your out-of-the-box work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great combination. Your talent knocks my socks off!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.